Thursday, July 06, 2006

Hike for a Cure

For those of you who don't know, one of Andrea's sorority sisters, Brooke Sawyer, is hiking the Grand Canyon in Andrea's honor for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Several people have asked me what they can do to help and one of the things you can do is help Brooke raise money for her hike. You can do this by going to her website @ http://www.active.com/donate/hfddms/hfdBSawyer where you can donate and monitor her progress. Brooke is an ambitious and courageous person and we thank her for her support and determination.

Andrea continues her treatments at MDA for the next several months. We appreciate all the continued support and prayers. Please also pray for one of my fellow coworkers, Jane O'Connor, who just completed three treatments for colon cancer and will receive nine more in the following months. She too is a courageous lady who I admire and thank for the support she has provided me through this tough time. The power of prayer has and continues to work like I would have never imagined.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates J. Please know that we continue to pray. I know this is a long process, but you both will make it through! God is Good, he is faithful to supply ALL of our needs. I am so proud of you both and your commitment to HIM. I hope you have a great week-end!

Anonymous said...

love you sis, keep it up :)

Anonymous said...

Andrea we are still praying for you everyday. Missed seeing you at the lake for the 4th.
Love you,
Ms. Kay

Anonymous said...

Praying for you daily! Hope you are feeling better.

Your Brother in Christ

Anonymous said...

Andrea and J:
Today is 7/15, and I haven't heard from you in a few days. I hope you are progressing with your IV therapy and things are getting much better.
You are in our prayers daily,
Shelia