Thursday, March 06, 2008

New Chemo Okay, So Far

The "monoclonal antibody chemo" has not produced ill effects so far from yesterday (Yeah!). Andrea showed up to MDA early this morning to have her blood levels checked and saw her doctor. She did not have much of an appetite today, but we ate regular meals and her dad joined us for lunch.
Tomorrow we will check in early to MDA to continue with the spinal tap of methotrexate in her spine to cover anything in the central nervous system. This doctor is the anesthesiologist with the magic touch who can do spinal taps without mind-rocketing headaches, so we aniticipate the same.
We continue to be so grateful for every prayer lifted up for Andrea.
God listens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great News! My prayer is this new chemo will continue to have no ill effect! I pray the spinal chemo will go well without headaches, today!! I am so glad you have the doctor that has the magic touch!!!!

Love & Prayers
Shelia

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Andrea!
Love, mByr

Anonymous said...

Yeah for no sickness from chemo! I am still praying for you as are the rest of the teachers I work with. I love you Dre!
Erin

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea,

I somehow have missed the last few posts. I was out of town for a few days, but it seems a lot has happened in that time.

I'm very happy that the chemo is going well. I have been praying diligently (even if I haven't posted). I pray now that everything continues to go well.

Much love,

Carolyn