Tuesday, May 02, 2006

After two days of tests

Hi. This is Kathy. Andrea's appointments start at either 7 or 7:30 a.m. this week, so we are tired just from the early hours of trekking down the Westpark Tollway. After two days of tests, Andrea is still set to enter MDA Thursday. So far good results have come from blood tests (she gave 12 vials), echocardiogram, EKG, chest x-ray, and a complete pulmonary function test. We won't know the results from the bone marrow aspiration and biopsy for another day or so. Wednesday morning she is set to have the subclavian catheter inserted where she will receive the chemo and meds. Andrea is in good spirits. Last Friday the eye doctor told us he is looking forward to surgeries in the fall or just as soon as Andrea can tolerate them.
We all thank you for your continued faithful prayers,
Kathy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
I know you are so busy right now, but I want you to know I am thinking about you. Sounds like there is a light at the end of the tunnel...I'm so happy for you!!! My dad wanted me to tell you he lit 2 candles in a Catholic Church & also in an Eastern Rite Greek Orthodox Cathedral. Call me when ever you get a chance. Good Luck & Good Health :)
Love,
Perry

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I will be praying that everything goes well with Andrea's transplant.

J. I will put Andrea's gift in the mail tomorrow.

Your Brother in Christ!

Anonymous said...

Kathy,
Please know that my fiends in my sanctuary choir are praying for Andrea, today, The National Day of Prayer! Last night at practice I shared that she was entering MD Anderson today. We are praying for and expecting ANOTHER MIRACLE!
We serve an AWESOME GOD. It is shortly after 11am, and we are meeting at the Alcorn County Court House at 11:45 a.m. for prayer. THERE IS NOTHING STRONGER!
Praying Without Ceasing,
Shelia